SHE COULDN'T SEE BUT I WEPT TOO

Painting by Alexey Slusar




She hugged me
in hospital when I was waiting
for my diagnose and wept.
Her tears rolled down
her face and drenched my heart
with  jasmines, guitars,
Mathematics tests, ex-boyfriends
and only one absolute certainty:
she needs me.

I whispered:
"I will take care of myself,
everything will be alright,
I promise you."
Our eyes were red
and I can't remember anything
but love emerging in me
like a huge wave carrying me away
to a kind of cosmic sea of love.

I don't have a use-by date:
time is nothing, it is a drop of her tear.
She is my eternity.

She couldn't see
but I wept when she held me
and said "I love you".
She doesn't know
but I need her too.




Karla Bardanza
For my daughter



Photobucket
Copyright©Karla Bardanza 2012

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful poem written for your daughter. Much love in this. I was touched.

    ReplyDelete